Bulk water meters are portable meters attached to fire hydrants used to register water usage at varying locations.
- The most common method where a meter is attached to a pre-determined fire hydrant. The bulk water customer can draw water from this location
- $45.00 new service fee + $400.00 deposit
- A bulk water customer is provided a meter and is allowed to move the meter as needed.
- $45.00 new service fee + $1,000.00 deposit
To establish a bulk water account please fax, email, mail or come to our office with the required documentation and fees. Contact information is available on our Contact Us page.
- A Hydrant wrench is needed to operate a bulk water meter. Proper use of this wrench is required. Any damage to the bulk water meter due to improper use of the wrench may result in additional charges to the customer.
- Backflow prevention assembly is required following the TCEQ regulations. Please refer to the Texas Water Co Cross-Connection Control and Backflow Prevention Manual for more information.
- Bulk Water Service Application & Agreement
- Possible Service address to determine the nearest hydrant location
- Current Valid Photo Identification
- The estimated amount of water to be pulled per month
- Description of water truck used to haul water (e.g. color, make, model, logo on side, etc.)
- If a Movable Meter is requested, please also complete and return the Bulk Water Agreement Addendum